The primary purpose of the Secretary to the Superintendent is to:
- Ensure the efficient operation of the superintendent's office and provide clerical/administrative services to the superintendent and Board of Trustees.
- Handle confidential information and frequent contact with all levels of district employees and the general public.
- Maintain files from the Texas Education Agency (AskTED Administrator - PEIMS Division), Texas Association of School Administrators, Texas Association of School Boards and other state agencies.
As secretary to the school board:
- Prepare and post official board agenda and records.
- Compile information, prepare reports, and schedule appointments as needed by the superintendent and school board.
- Answer incoming calls and handle questions from the public, outside agencies, board of trustees and staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of information and make sound recommendations relative to administrative policies as part of the support staff for Silsbee ISD.
As a member of the Texas Educational Support Staff Association, and Certified Educational Office Professional (affiliated with Texas Association of School Administrators) it is my aim for continuous professional growth and support for the students in our community.