1535 FM 92
Silsbee, TX 77656
"We work for our future leaders!"
Lynda Parks - Secretary
Dan Brown – Maintenance/HVAC
Jerry Carnley - Maintenance
Curtis Busby – Athletic Fields
Jared Frasher – Athletic Fields
Dennis Arlan - Maintenance
Randy Roberts - Athletic Grounds / IPM Coordinator
Gary Mathis - Maintenance
Pete Blackman - Maintenance
Michael Newell – Maintenance/Carpenter
Roy Romero - Maintenance
Robert Ruggles - Maintenance
Bobby Miles - Maintenance
Miguel Gutierrez - Maintenance
A Message from the Director . . .
While young children across the country may develop many different and varied perspectives on the experience of attending school, as adults we uniformly want this to be a genuinely pleasant experience for them. School should be fun, positive, and creative. Yet, we sadly know this is not always the case. And while the factors which contribute to a child's school experience are varied and many; one which is always on the list is the school building.
The Maintenance Department is responsible for maintaining the school facilities. The department has many responsibilities which include ground maintenance, general building maintenance, concrete and masonry work, remodeling, cabinet making, painting, equipment maintenance, welding, HVAC installation/upkeep, outdoor herbicide control, and general housekeeping.
We pledge to YOU (Principal, Teacher, Administrator, Support Staff, Student, and Taxpayer) to look at the most efficient ways of managing our resources, and to ensure you that all personnel of this department are able to work miracles in ways that enable us to keep the doors open and do a remarkable job in spite of overwhelming odds to simply keep things running.
To provide efficient and cost-effective building maintenance, grounds maintenance and housekeeping programs that will create a climate of learning within each school facility.
- The Maintenance Department provides service to five campuses, the administration building, and support facilities.
- There are 13 employees in the department plus the director and secretary.
- Normal hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Tasks are performed through work orders only!
- When repairs or specific work requests are needed facility administrators must complete and send a work order to the maintenance office stating the nature of the work and the time line for the work to be completed. (It is essential that all work requests follow this procedure.)
- All work orders are assigned to personnel who perform the kind of work requested.
- Work orders are handled as soon as possible.
- Work requests affecting student learning and comfort are considered first.
- Work orders seeking to correct safety hazards to students are staff are considered top priority. Other work will be completed on an "as can be done" basis.